A rapidly emerging field of dentistry is referred to as cosmetic dentistry. In cosmetic dentistry, the emphasis is on improving the patient’s smile through changing the appearance of the teeth and mouth. Many people view cosmetic dental practices as being elective treatments – as opposed to necessary dental treatments – but having a beautiful, engaging smile and feeling secure in one’s appearance can make people feel better about themselves and lead to a fuller, happier life. For an experienced cosmetic dentist in Spokane or Spokane Valley, turn to the dental services of Drs. Sodorff and Wilson.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Works
Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to improve your smile, whether you’ve missing or damaged teeth, gaps between your teeth, or your teeth have been discolored or stained. Your cosmetic dentist will offer all of their services in their comfortable dental office; you don’t need to worry about being referred to additional specialists. This means Drs. Sodorff and Wilson will be overseeing and performing your cosmetic dental procedures, in a manner that is convenient to your schedule.
With state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry procedures, our dentists will work to save as much of your existing tooth structure as possible. This saves you money, preserves your teeth, and eliminates the need for more invasive dental procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There are currently many cosmetic dentistry procedures available. Among these are:
- Composite Bonding – replaces the broken, chipped, and discolored parts of teeth through the use of a special composite material.
- Dental Veneers – adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth or teeth to cover gaps, cracks, and chips in existing teeth and also to improve the color of the teeth.
- Inlays or Onlays – inlays are also called indirect fillings; they are a long-lasting type of filling that is added to teeth with tooth decay or other structural damage.
- Teeth Whitening – the most commonly recommended and practiced cosmetic dental procedure, tooth whitening removes stains on teeth; the cosmetic procedure can be performed at home or in your cosmetic dentist’s office.
- Invisalign for Adults – Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.